Medical Report: Prince Died of Accidental Overdose

June 2, 2016

 (Photo courtesy of Essence Fest.)

Toxicology tests for Prince have concluded that he died from an accidental overdose of the opioid fentanyl. This information is according to a report by the Midwest Medical Examiner's Office.

Fentanyl, prescribed by doctors for cancer treatment, can be made illicitly and is blamed for a spike in overdose deaths in the United States. It's 25 to 50 times more potent than heroin and 50 to 100 times more potent than morphine, according to the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration.

    Prince died April 21 at age 57, after being found unresponsive in an elevator at Paisley Park in Chanhassen, Minnesota.

    Please reload

    Follow Us
    • Twitter Basic Black
    • Facebook Basic Black
    • Google+ Basic Black
    Recent Posts

    January 10, 2020

    Please reload